17 March 2016

Apple Pastry Roses


I am totally loving these apple roses!  I shared a video on my facebook page months and months ago but finally got round to making them.  They are super easy to do and so quick!  Perfect for when you want to impress with little effort. 

All you need is a packet of puff pastry and some nice red skinned apples.  I used Pink Ladies.

Start off by de-coring and thinly (I mean thin - think potato crisps) slicing the apples. 



Once they are sliced put them in a saucepan of hot water with a little lemon and simmer until slightly softened.   A lot of the tutorials/videos online don't mention this bit and let me tell you it's messy and annoying if you skip it.  When it comes to rolling the roses it makes life so much easier.  Trust me!

Meanwhile roll out your pastry or if you are really lazy (yep that's me) buy the ready rolled stuff.  Make sure it's been sitting at room temperature for at least an hour otherwise you will find it cracks.

Cut into 1 inch wide strips, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon and a little brown sugar.

Then get your slices of apple and lay them along one side of the pastry strips. 




 Turn the other side of the strip over on top of the apple slices and start to roll.


Voila you've got yourself a lovely apple pastry rose!



Place in a muffin tin.  I used a silicone one so I didn't need to grease it but if you are using a tin I would suggest buttering the tin first. 


Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until golden 












Delicious served with whipped cream, a sprinkling of icing sugar and cinnamon.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin